PCB maker HannStar Board 2Q12 profits jump Ingrid Lee, Taipei; Jessie Shen, DIGITIMES [Thursday 30 August 2012] HannStar Board saw its net profits jump in the second quarter of 2012, thanks to growth in its core business and non-operating income. Gross margin for the quarter climbed to 8.9% from 6.9% in the first. HannStar Board president … More Hannstar 667.HK，too bad it got privatized last year.
The companies I checked this year, the only one I regretted not buying is 311 Luen Thai. I probably did not study it well enough so I missed it. You gain some, you lose some, such is life. Stock Code Name YTD Capital Gains/Losses 2320 Hop Fung Group -50% 264 Chanco -19% 403 Starlite -12% … More YTD 1/1/2012 – 8/29/2012
Notebook chassis makers expand capacity at Chongqing plants in 2H12 Aaron Lee, Taipei; Joseph Tsai, DIGITIMES [Monday 27 August 2012] As notebook ODMs have recently started accelerating their expansion of production capacity in Chongqing, their upstream chassis suppliers – Zhanyun Chongqing Electronics, Ju Teng and Huan Hsin – have also set out to increase their chassis … More Notebook chassis makers expand capacity at Chongqing plants in 2H12
JP Morgan, are you kidding me, 5 bucks? 摩通：巨騰(03336)目標價上調至5元 評級「增持」 Well, what can I say, at least they are still hiring… Update: Just because they are hiring doesn’t mean business is going phenomenally well. This type of business has very high staff turnover rate because a lot of people think the work is too hard, … More 5 bucks?
Things aren’t good as we all know it. Revenue down 11%. Earnings before tax down 30%. Profit margin before tax 16.25% down from 20.8%. ROE before tax 8.58% down from 12.12%. Dividend yield 5.7% for my cost, together with the 3.9% yield I got earlier, 9.6% yield. I just feel the management is clamming up. … More AUPU Interim Results
I could even guess why their profit margin is so much lower. Apple has so much power that it can squeeze most of the profits from their ecosystem companies down to the last drop as if dripping a slow death, but just making sure you survive to serve them like a slave. The gross profit … More 465 富通科技
The board (the “Board”) of directors of Herald Holdings Limited (the “Company”, and together with its subsidiaries, the “Group”) announces with deepest regret that Mr. Chang Dong Song, a non-executive director of the Company, passed away on 22 August 2012. Mr. Chang was the co-founder of the Group and served as Honorary Chairman of the … More Co-founder of Herald Holdings passed away at age 90, R.I.P