A few stages one must go through to call himself a semi-professional investor.
1. Make big money recklessly
2. Lose big money recklessly
3. Make small money safely – I think I am about here?
4. Make big money safely – Next year I will be here.
5. Keep making big money safely
I started off my investing journey pretty weird, I tried to make money safely at the very first time, but I couldn’t make any. Then I went to do reckless “investing” and I made a ton. I think my first step was make no money safely, even though that one time wasn’t too safe anyways. I had obviously made some very wrong assumptions and had muddled concepts.