LG likely to increase ODM smartphone orders to Taiwan in 2015, say sources
Daniel Shen, Taipei; Steve Shen, DIGITIMES [Monday 17 November 2014]

LG Electronics is expected to increase its ODM smartphone orders to Taiwan-based production partner, Arima Communications, to 3-4 million units in 2015 compared to slightly over one million units in 2014, according to sources at Taiwan’s handset supply chain.

LG resumes its cooperation with Taiwan-based ODMs in 2014 and has placed orders for two entry-level Android smartphones with Arima for shipments to emerging markets, including those in Southeast Asia, Latin America and Africa.

For 2015, LG is likely to continue to place orders for one or two models with Arima, with total shipments to reach 3-4 million units, said the sources.

LG’s smartphone shipments reached 16.8 million units in the third quarter of 2014, the company’s highest quarterly smartphone shipments.

ODM orders from LG will account for 30% of Arima’s total smartphone shipments in 2015, while the remaining 70% will be made up by orders from Sony Mobile Communications, estimated the sources.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s